Curriculum Specialist / Lead
Degree in Early Childhood Education (NTT, Montessori, ECE, CIDTT trained) compulsory
Minimum 3 years of preschool teaching experience
9 AM – 6 PM
- Work closely with the Infant, Toddler and Preschool Teachers to oversee all aspects of classroom program planning, implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the center’s appropriate practices.
- Provide expert advice in preschool programming and interact with parents during PTC and on need basis
- Regularly attend trainings/workshops and read journals to keep abreast on current developments in area of expertise.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to teaching staff through spending time in classrooms to introduce and support new ideas, strategies, etc.
- Work with teachers in moving along the continuum of implementing the Curriculum.
- Work with preschool classroom staff on understanding and implementing documentation as part of their curricular work.
- Work with preschool classroom staff on learning about and implementing increased technology for communication.
- Work with classroom staff to have an understanding of progressive early childhood education and to continually learn and grow.
- Interviewing prospective candidates for respective positions through Internal Job Posting.
- Conducting performance reviews and performance review conversations of all preschool classroom teachers during the time of appraisal.
- Supervise use of physical space so that classrooms, common areas and playgrounds are clean and safe.
- Provide an attractive and welcoming environment in which learning is made visible through children’s art work or displays that promote a child’s self-esteem.
- Provide oversight to assure that these experiences are positive ones.
- Guides teachers for creation of assessment, report cards, diary writing, port folios etc.,
- Observe and guide teachers on a daily basis.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled administrative team meetings to address Health and safety, facilities, operations, human resources or other concerns.
- Keep staff apprised of professional development opportunities.
- Assess group training needs for the centre teachers.
Be flexible in scheduling to meet the needs of the overall program
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and commitment to confidentiality
- Show initiative in problem solving and be open to new ideas
- Approach challenges with imagination and a sense of humour
- Create a welcoming, positive environment
Ability to train and evaluate teaching staff
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Ability to interact with families in a nurturing, compassionate, and sincere manner
Basic computer skills and familiarity with MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and digital imaging programs