Stop Baby Hiccups
Parenting Tips: Effective Ways To Stop Baby Hiccups
Hiccups, we’ve all had them and hence know how annoying they can be. You little ones suffer from hiccups too. Don’t be alarmed if your baby has several rounds of hiccups. This is normal for a baby under one year old!
Various folk remedies such as frightening the hiccups out of someone will definitely not work on your infants! They will start crying, and we’re sure crying AND a case of hiccups will not be fun for your little one or you. Instead, try these effective ways to stop baby hiccups.
- Correct posture while breastfeeding: Hold your little one upright after feeding to help gas rise and pass naturally.
- Burp your little one: Burping your baby after feeding helps relieve gas. To burp your baby, sit upright and hold your baby against your chest with her chin on your shoulder. Support your baby with one hand and gently pat her back with the other.
- Give her a pacifier: Sucking on a pacifier will help stopping your baby’s hiccups.
- Feed your baby on time: Timely feeing will ensure your little one is calm. If she reaches a point where she is hungry and crying before a feed, she will suck in air while crying. This will lead to trapped gas and hiccups after she is done feeding.
- Watch your diet: Yes, mumma bears, some food in your diet has the potential to cause gas and hiccups in your nursing newborn. If your little one suffers from frequent rounds of hiccups, try eliminating dairy from your diet and see if her hiccups get better.
So super parents, try these simple remedies to see your child go from hic-hic-hic to he-he-he!