The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017 received the assent of President of India in March 2017. The related Maternity Benefit Bill was passed by both houses of the parliament in the same month. Besides revising paid maternity leave to 26 weeks from 12 weeks earlier, the new law mandates that companies with more than 50 employees provide a Daycare or Crèche facility within a prescribed distance from the workplace.
What does this mean for the HR department?
The onus is on HR to ensure that employees have a completely worry free Daycare experience, not only in the interest of compliance, but to improve employee engagement and productivity. It’s a challenge for most companies to implement this in-house, considering the expertise and resources required within a short duration.
A practical approach then would be to partner with a reputed Childcare Provider. That’s where Founding Years Pvt. Ltd comes in. Our aim is to bring mothers back to the workplace by providing their children a safe, caring environment, conducive to learning. We achieve this through our premium childcare brands - The Little Company (TLC) and KLAY.
The Little Company (TLC) – A pioneer in the area of Corporate Childcare with an experience of more than 12 years in engaging and caring for young children. With 24 centres, it is India’s largest chain of onsite Corporate Daycare Centres - working with organisations to construct the right Childcare solutions for their employees.
KLAY is the retail arm of the business, with a premium chain of 31 independent Community Daycare Centres across India. Being fully company owned and run, we maintain an uncompromising focus on quality at KLAY.
What corporate solutions do we provide?
Onsite/Nearsite exclusive daycare
- An exclusive facility set up on or near premises of the corporate
- Fit out and setup costs borne by corporate
- KLAY manages the end to end setup and operations
- Swift execution of plan as space & infrastructure support already exist
- Holidays and timings of the Centre are mapped to the Corporate’s need
- Easy access for employees
- Based on capacity utilization, actual running costs can be scaled up or down
- Corporate has complete control on design, access & quality of the center
Nearsite non-exclusive daycare
- KLAY sets up a near site facility for the corporate with an agreed upon number of seats blocked for the partner, who is the anchor client
- Corporate & TLC have joint control on design, access & quality
- Remaining seats are open for other corporate or retail admissions
- KLAY manages the operations completely
- The fit out and set up cost is borne by KLAY. No upfront CAPEX for corporate
- Easy access for employees
- Can be scaled up pan India
- The onus is on TLC to make it a commercially viable project
Underwritten subsidized childcare
- Corporate partner blocks required number of seats across KLAY locations, by paying the admission fee and monthly tuition fee for these seats.
- Corporate employees across cities can then choose a convenient KLAY location close to work or home
- KLAY takes care of the setup, hiring and training costs.
- Can be implemented with immediate effect
- No CAPEX obligations on Corporate
- Testing ground for setting up an onsite center (in terms of employee utilization & perceived benefit)
- Can be scaled up pan India if the number of employees in a single location is less than 300
If you are looking for a corporate daycare partnership with KLAY, please leave your details in the below form and we will get back to you within 2 working days
You can also reach out to Neha Myer at 95-91-151617